I used to learn to play organ when I was very young and I can still remember vividly how my teacher looked like – petite body frame, thick black hair, big round eyes, copper skin…But it was her dark lips that make a deep impression.
You may have seen people who have dark lips and wondered what cause their lips to turn dark. A lot of people are not aware that dark lips are caused by execessive consumption of coffee and tea. One or two cups a day is fine, your lips will darken only when you drink them in excess. General allergies and lip sicking are some of the rare factors that result in dark lips.
Smoking is one of the major factors that contribute to making lips dark. The stains are resulted from nicotine, and your lips will only get darker if you continue to smoke. Another factor is the usage of cheap and poor-quality lipsticks. Some lipsticks contain ingredients that darken your lips after frequent application. Besides, wearing lipstick that is old or that has expired can also cause dark lips.
Frustrated with your dark lips? Worry no more! There are several cheap and effective ways to prevent it, lighten it and bring back your soft, rosy lips.
- Brush your lips lightly after brushing your teeth every morning. It can get rid of some dead cells and stimulate the growth of new ones.
- Apply Vaseline or lip balm and lemon juice on your lips every night before going to sleep. Make it a habit to use lip balm with SPF 15 or higher to protect your pouts.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday and eat more fruits.
- Quit smoking!
- Before applying lipstick, try to apply concealer over your whole lip.
- Use good, reliable brands of lipsticks. Preferrably organic and natural ones. Remove the lipsticks thoroughly when you are at home.
If you follow strictly to the tips above, I’m sure you will see a dramatic result. You will not only smell good, but also look good and healthier.
Tips to Remove Dark Lips